Our team is proud to offer a wide variety of effective LGBTQ fertility options
The Southern California Center for Reproductive Medicine is a proud supporter of the LGBTQ community. As part of this role, Robert E. Anderson MD and Don Royster MD offer many LGBTQ fertility options at our Southern California fertility center to help men and women start or grow their families.
After first appointment, your doctor will begin the process of finding the best fertility option for you.
LGBTQ fertility options for women include donor sperm IUI, donor sperm IVF and reciprocal IVF
When women come to our Southern California fertility center for information about LGBTQ fertility, they are happy to learn about the many options to help them become mothers.
- With donor sperm IUI, a woman finds a sperm donor and she then undergoes the process of IUI. Your doctor may recommend fertility medication for women over 35 or who have irregular cycles.
- Donor sperm IVF is a great option for women who need a little extra help welcoming a baby. This treatment involves using donor sperm as part of an in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle.
- Reciprocal IVF allows both partners to play an active role in the pregnancy. One partner will donate her eggs and the other will carry the pregnancy and deliver the baby. The actual medical procedure is very similar to traditional IVF.
Surrogacy and donor egg IVF help gay couples become fathers
Men also come to our Southern California fertility center with questions about LGBTQ fertility. These future fathers are relieved to learn that they have more options than adoption. We offer the following family-building choices for gay couples.
- Egg donation allows a gay parent to share a biological connection with his child. An egg donor can be anonymous, or she can be a friend or a family member.
- Surrogacy is the next step in the process. With this third party reproduction process, one woman will serve as the egg donor and the other is the surrogate. The surrogate will undergo IVF with the father’s sperm combined with the donor egg. She will then carry the pregnancy.
Regardless of which LGBTQ fertility option you select, you can count on your doctor to provide you with state-of-the-art fertility care and supportive guidance for every step on the path to parenthood. Our team will proudly help you on your fertility journey.
If you have more questions about LGBTQ fertility, please contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.