Dr. Royster provided military fertility care during his 20+ year career in the Air Force
Our newest Southern California fertility specialist has a long history of combining two of his passions: military fertility care and serving his country. For more than 20 years, Don Royster MD provided military and medical services across the globe. He offered selfless service to both our nation and his patients as the top-ranking and most-successful military fertility specialist in the Air Force. Today, our team has the honor of having Dr. Royster at the service of our patients.
A look at Dr. Royster’s distinguished career as a fertility doctor in the Armed Forces
Originally from Los Angeles, our Southern California fertility specialist is happy to be back in the Golden State after his education and career took him around the country.
- Bachelor of Science from the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs
- Medical degree from the Uniformed Services University School of Medicine in Bethesda
- OB/GYN residency at the San Antonio Military Medical Center
- Medical Director and then Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at David Grant Medical Center (Travis Air Force Base) in Vacaville, California
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda
- IVF Director, Medical Director and Chief of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the San Antonio Military Medical Center
During his two decades of active duty in the United States Air Force, Dr. Royster performed more than 5,000 surgeries and delivered more than 1,000 babies during global deployments and humanitarian missions. He proudly retired at the rank of Colonel.
Dr. Royster now offers civilian and military fertility care at our practice
This Southern California fertility specialist believes that everyone deserves world-class fertility diagnosis and treatment. That’s why he makes it a point to provide military fertility care while also treating civilians at the Southern California Center for Reproductive Medicine.
According to Dr. Royster, “Our men and women in the Armed Forces give so much to selflessly protect our freedoms and way of life. Helping them overcome barriers to family building is the least I can do to thank them for their service.”
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Royster, contact us.