Our team wants hopeful parents to know when to see a fertility doctor
This April, we want to recognize National Infertility Awareness Week to create meaningful conversations about this important health issue. Currently, an estimated one in eight couples is struggling to get pregnant. Robert Anderson MD and Don Royster MD, our Newport Beach fertility experts, work hard raising awareness and support for the millions of people in the U.S. dealing with infertility. As part of this, they want to help more people understand when to see a fertility doctor.
Understanding the impact of infertility
Trying to conceive without success can cause feelings of inadequacy, lead to depression, affect personal relationships and create financial stress. Many couples and individuals feel completely isolated while struggling to get pregnant.
Our Newport Beach fertility experts want our patients and their partners to know that we understand their challenges and are here for them. For over 30 years, we have served patients by offering advanced infertility diagnosis and personalized fertility treatment.
How do you know when to see a fertility doctor?
Time is of the essence for successful fertility treatment. We also understand that it may be hard to know exactly when to see a fertility doctor. Dr. Anderson and Dr. Royster recommend patients schedule an appointment with a fertility specialist in the following cases.
- You and your partner have had unprotected sex for 12 months with no success.
- You are 35 or over and have actively tried to get pregnant for six months.
- You have experienced pregnancy losses.
- Your menstrual cycles are irregular, absent or unusually heavy.
- Your male partner has difficulty maintaining an erection or ejaculating during sex or has a low sperm count.
- You or your partner have undergone cancer treatment that may interfere with infertility.
- You have a chronic medical condition, such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease, thyroid issues or obesity.
Our entire team stands with the men and women who are struggling to get and stay pregnant. We applaud your bravery, perseverance and strength. Contact our office for more information about when to see a fertility doctor or to schedule an appointment.